AW Jenkinson Premium Quality Dry Sawdust 22Kg / 125L
Available For Free Local Delivery Only & In Store
Great value premium quality dry sawdust providing perfect bedding for equestrian use, small animals or even poultry. Finer than shavings making it more comfortable and super absorbent.
Produced from a variety of coniferous softwood with minimal hardwood content with over 95% of particles pass through a 5mm mesh sieve whilst negligible quantities (less than 5%) are retained as oversize. providing a light comfortable bed that is easy to clean out and dispose of. The bale has been compressed to make it easy to manage and giving you a better value package, it comes plastic wrapped to contain the highly compressed bale and provide a waterproof layer, meaning that unopened bales can be stored outside for up to 18 months.
Unlike many other bedding varieties, AW Jenkinson sawdust is produced exclusively from virgin, coniferous softwood, which means it already has the natural antibacterial properties built into it. AW Jenkinson also take a variety of measures to help remove foreign matter such as metal, glass and plastic so you and your animals can feel safe.
The sawdust has a very low moisture content making it very absorbent. Made entirely of natural wood sawdust meaning no harmful chemicals are used to make them, they are safe if your animal does eat any of it, but can also be treated to discourage eating them, and it is also a good base for any respiratory treatments for bedding.
- Ideal for all horses and ponies
- Able to be stored, carried and spread easily
- Highly absorbent
- Forms a good dense bed
- Weatherproof overwrap allows for external storage for up to 18 months
- Produced from a variety of coniferous softwood with minimal hardwood content
- Over 95% of particles pass through a 5mm mesh sieve whilst negligible quantities (less than 5%) are retained as oversize
- Wood content of 99%+
- Moisture content in the region of 10-25% (green weight basis)
- The weight/volume ratio (bulk density) is normally in the range of 100-250Kg/m3
- Bale outturn typically around 125 litres
- The pH range is between 4.5 and 5.5
- Bale weight normally in the range 15-22Kg depending on moisture content
- All practical measures are taken to remove foreign matter such as metal, glass, plastic and any other extraneous materials
- Grey/white to pale yellow in colour with a typically dry woody odour
- Durable, long lasting and free from pathogens, pests and weed seeds