AW Jenkinson Natural Flake Shavings 20Kg / 466L
Available For Free Local Delivery Only & In Store
Great value natural flake shavings providing perfect bedding for equestrian use, small animals or even poultry. Dust extracted to reduce irritation and to provide a long-lasting durable bed for your needs.
Made from pure sawmill shavings chosen with very high standards maintaining small flakes with over 95% of the flakes included being between 2mm and 40mm making this a great choice for larger beds. providing a light comfortable bed that is easy to clean out and dispose of. The bale has been double compressed to help improve the value giving you more bedding in a smaller package. The bale comes plastic wrapped to contain the highly compressed bale and provide a waterproof layer, meaning that unopened bales can be stored outside for up to 18 months.
Unlike many other bedding varieties, AW Jenkinson small flake shavings are produced exclusively from virgin, coniferous softwood, which means it already has the natural antibacterial properties built into it. AW Jenkinson also take a variety of measures to help remove foreign matter such as metal, glass and plastic so you and your animals can feel safe.
These shavings have a very low moisture content making them very absorbent. As the flakes are entirely natural and no harmful chemicals are used to make them, they are safe if your animal does eat any, but can also be treated to discourage eating them, and it is also a good base for any respiratory treatments for bedding.
- Ideal for all horses and ponies
- Able to be stored, carried and spread easily
- Highly absorbent
- Forms a good dense bed
- Weatherproof overwrap allows for external storage for up to 18 months
- Virtually dust free
- Quick and easy to muck out
- Easy disposal and rots quickly
- Produced from a variety of coniferous softwood, predominantly Spruce
- Sourced from various sawmills
- Over 95% of particles fall within a 2-40mm size range
- Wood fibre content of 99%+
- Moisture content in the region of 10-25%. (Dry Weight Basis)
- The weight/volume ratio (bulk density) is normally in the range of 30-75Kg/m3
- Outturn – 466 Litres per bale (Average)
- The pH range is between 5.5 & 6.5
- All practical measures are taken to remove foreign matter such as metal, glass, plastic and any other extraneous materials
- White/light brown in colour with a typically dry woody odour
- Durable, long lasting and free from pathogens, pests and weed seeds
- Bale Dimensions (mm) L820 x W380 x H340