Dengie Alfa-A Oil 20kg bale
Available For Free Local Delivery Only & In Store
Dengie Alfa-A Oil is the ultimate pure alfalfa fibre feed for fuelling hard work, improving stamina and promoting condition, Alfa-A Oil provides 12.5MJ/kg of slow-release energy, which is comparable to a conditioning or competition mix, but provides 10 times less starch, making it ideal for horses with ERS which research indicates benefit from a low-sugar and starch diet. Made from pure alfalfa grown in fields close to Dengie’s production sites in Essex and Lincolnshire, which has been chopped and dried at a very high temperature to lock in the natural goodness. Alfalfa is rich in highly digestible fibre, packed with essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. High in protein, it is ideal for helping to develop muscle tone and for muscle function. Alfalfa is a natural buffer to gut acidity. Alfa-A Oil has a high oil content, perfect for show ring condition, healthy skin and coat shine.
The alfalfa in Alfa-A Oil is dried at a very high temperature which reduces mould. Efficient extraction processes ensure it has a low dust content making it ideal for promoting respiratory health especially in performance and racehorses
- Straw free
- 100% Natural
- No added sugar
- Ulcer care - naturally reduces acidity
- Alfa-A Oil has no added sugar and is low in starch and so is suitable for horses that require a low sugar and starch ration such as those prone to laminitis or muscle problems.
- Suitable for horses in hard work or those needing to gain weight
- Based on fibre and oil, Alfa-A Oil provides ‘slow release’ energy for condition without the fizz
- 12.5MJ/kg digestible energy equivalent to a Conditioning or Competition Mix/Cube
- Supplies 100ml of added oil per kilogram of product
- Alfa-A Oil may be fed as the sole ‘bucket feed’ alongside a supplement or balancer. Alternatively it may be fed alongside traditional mixes and cubes to add valuable nutrients and to help slow the rate of eating
NON GM Alfalfa, Rapeseed oil
DE MJ/kg 12.5, Protein 14%, Oil 12%, Fibre 27% Naturally occuring sugars 4.5%, Starch 2%
The suggested feeding levels are intended as a guide only. Always adjust your horse's feed ration to suit his temperament, the environmental conditions, his body condition and workload.
|Size (hh)||Approx Weight (Kg)||Light Work (Kg/day)||Medium/Hard Work (Kg/day)|
|Small Pony (e.g. Shetland, welsh A)||9-12.2||200||0.5||1.0|
|Medium Pony (e.g. Exmoor, New Forest)||12.2-13.2||300||0.5||1.5|
|Large Pony (e.g. Connemara, Welsh D)||13.2-14.2||400||1.0||2.0|
|Small Horse (e.g. Arab, small TB)||14.2-15.2||450||1.0||2.0|
|Medium Horse (e.g. TB, ID cross)||15.2-16.2||550||1.5||2.5|
|Large Horse (e.g. Warmblood)||16.2+||650||1.5||2.5|